Another in my occasional series of supper for less than £1 a head.
This one is dead easy and takes very little preparation. Great for a day when you haven’t had time to go to the supermarket and have lots of odds and ends in the fridge.
- six pork sausages
- a few offcuts of bacon (diced)
- penne pasta (for four)
- one tin of baked/kidney beans
- one onion
- dash of tomato ketchup
- fresh/dried parsley
- sprinkle of paprika
- half a red pepper
- handful of mushrooms
- seasoning to taste
- cook pasta in boiling (salt optional) water
- fry sausages to add colour allow to cool a little and chop into pieces
- lightly fry onions, mushrooms, bacon pieces and red pepper
- combine all ingredients in ovenproof dish
- cover and bake in moderate oven for one hour.
Ideal to set on the timer for when you get home from work or in the case of Mr JH, the Lakeland fells.